The 2022 LVA Golf Tournament took place on Saturday September 10th at Deerhurst Lakeside Golf Course. The weather cooperated with sunny skies for both the tournament and the post-golf Social on the Eclipse Terrace.
The 9-hole best ball tournament allowed golfers of all abilities to participate, and we had a great turnout with 9 teams (9 teams was the maximum number for our Shot-Gun start). Not only were we sold out for the golf, but for the first time we had a “wait list”. The focus of the tournament was “fun” so although scores were turned in, it was for bragging rights only. Congratulations goes to the winning team with a score of 29 – Gord and Heidi Card, Carol Precosky and Doug Bennett.
At the social, we also recognized the following players:
- Closest to the Pin Women: Carol Precosky
- Longest Drive Women: Heidi Card
- Closest to the Pin Men: Ormond Chalmers
- Longest Drive Men: Gord Card
- Putting Contest Winners: Mike Schmidt (1st prize) and Ian Hastie (2nd prize)
Due to cost savings on the golf plus proceeds from the 50/50 Putting Contest, each couple received a “prize” (LVA Merchandise or items from Ruthven Marine). There was also a draw for the two main prizes provided by Deerhurst Resort. Congratulations to:
- Dave Reilly (Dave won a foursome of golf at Deerhurst Highlands);
- Mike Schmidt (Mike won an overnight at Deerhurst including breakfast plus golf for two at Deerhurst Lakeside).
Following the golf, the golfers and their guests/spouses gathered on the Eclipse Terrance for pizza, sliders and drinks. The terrace was a great place to safely socialize and provided a wonderful view of Peninsula Lake and the first hole of the Lakeside course. We could not put on a golf tournament without our LVA volunteers. A huge “thank you” to:
- Peter and Tracie May for running the Putting Contest and Tracie for handling the set-up of the Social area and being the “runner” for the prize distribution, Tracey Rast for welcoming our golfers at check-in, Doug Bennett for directing people to check-in and Evelynn and Larry Funston for pre-golf day preparation.
Also, thank you to Lakeside Golf Course staff and Eclipse staff who were so helpful throughout the day.
Finally, thank you to those who participated in the golf and social. We hope to see you next year.